Sunday, October 11, 2009

Torn - Anxious but don't want to leave family!

Under three weeks until I leave! I'm just trying to get in shape and ready for training again. Heading to Camp Atterbury, Indiana in the middle of winter doesn't excite me too much but it's the price to pay. I'm waiting to see what President Obama is going to do in Afghanistan. I think we need to follow the advice of General McChrystal. He's on the ground and an old school warrior so I would be proud to serve under him. I'm busy brushing up on Afghanistan Culture and history. Trying to learn all I can. I will be in a Provincial Reconstruction Team so hopefully I can do some good and be able to look out for my junior "Troops"!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon

No comments: