Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sacrifices

I feel like I have missed so much of the lives and events of those I love because I am in the military. This is one of the biggest sacrifices that I have endured. I miss Tom and Kelsey and want them to know I love them. I want to thank my wife and kids for all of the sacrifices they have to endure to support me. I know they miss being near family and attending family functions, feeling unsettled and not knowing where they will live in a few years and the many other sacrifices they make regularly. My hat is also off to all of the military families that sacrifice the same and more!

I want to apologize to my family and friends for not staying in touch. I get into my own little world and don't put forth the effort to call or write. I know it's not New Years but I am renewing my resolution to stay in touch better. I love you all and hope you will forgive me.

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

You do not need to feel bad. We all get busy doing our own things, and time has a way of slipping by. We all know that you love us. Well at least I know that you love me, I'm your favorite!
When it comes to Tom and Kelsey deep down inside they know that you love them. Some day they will come to you and you will have a great relationship. Every one just needs to leave the past in the past. We all have been imature, and done stupid things. But that is the great thing about family. Family will always love you. They may not agree with some of the things you did but they will always love you.
I have a great relationship with my mom now, and the hardest thing is always having to worry about hurting dads feelings.
Dan you are a good dad, and you love your kids. You are also a wonderful husband,brother,uncle, and son.
I hope you know what I am saying is true. I love you so much and am so thankful that you are in my life.I hope that you have a great week.
Love Heidi Sue.