Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Headed to Iraq!

I have received orders to Iraq. I leave for training in September and I'll be in Iraq by the New Year. When asked how I feel, I'm torn. I am excited and feel it’s about time. It’s my turn! I feel sad because of the worry I will cause my family. I am grateful for a family that is willing to sacrifice for me to serve and do what I believe is necessary. I am thrilled to finally be doing something that matters, at least to me.

Whatever may come of this adventure, just know that it is something that I feel compelled to do. It is what I want to do and because of this I feel selfish. I will be forever thankful to everyone that supports me and stands by my decision to serve in Iraq.

2 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

I know this is something that you have wanted to do, and for that I am excited. You like to live on the wild side. But, I do worry. Life wouldn't be he same without you. I am very proud of you and love you so much.

Kimmie said...

Just Promise us that you will be safe and you will return home in living condition. PJ and I are happy that your excited to go. We love you and wish the best for you.